With the summers starting in full swing at most places, this is the time of the year when you are troubled going out coz of the heat and there are very harsh conditions waiting for your skin. Being sun protected, fully hydrated and eating well can help most of us in facing the heat and humidity.
MUST Do’s this season
1. Sun Protection- It is very important to wear a sun-screen while going out in the sun (I know most of you do already- but no skin care post is done without mentioning it 🙂 ). Research your skin type and what can be more effective for you before buying your sun-screen lotion. Places near the sea, would need more protection, so be careful while buying yours and especially while choosing for kids.
2. Stay Hydrated- Our bodies lose a lot of moisture during summers, so water is our best friend this season. Also, try and stay away from aerated drinks (which are a big go to for most people during summers) as they are full of sugar, which is not good for skin (or for your fitness either 😉 ).
3. Cleanser and Toner- Cleansing your skin at least twice a day should be a ritual this season and also it is very important to keep your pores closed and your skin cool, so a toner can help you achieve that.
4. Exfoliate- This is also very important during summers (than in other seasons), as it helps taking out dead skin and improves blood circulation of the area.
5. You can use a lot of home remedies along with other products to keep the skin glowing and fresh this season and here, I am mentioning a few:
A) For glowing skin- Mix half mashed banana, some honey and one egg white and apply on skin for about 15 minutes for an instant glow.
B) For cooling the skin- Mix one tablespoon cucumber juice, one teaspoon lemon juice and half teaspoon turmeric and apply with the help of a cotton ball. This really helps after a hot day in the sun.
C) Don’t like that tan?- Mix one tablespoon gram flour, one teaspoon lemon juice, half teaspoon turmeric and add some rose water to mix and apply on the tanned skin until its dry and wash off.
D) For cleansing the skin- Mix chamomile tea and oatmeal (same proportions), add two drops of almond oil and two teaspoon of honey. Apply this pack on the skin for 15-20 minutes, scrub a little and wash off.
E) For toning the skin- Put some green tea in hot water for 10 minutes. Strain it and cool it and dab it on face with a cotton ball. Apart from this ice cold water acts fantastically as a toner as well, just put it on face with the help of a cotton ball to cool that skin and close those pores.
Hope this helps all of you during this summer. Eating right and exercising well has no substitute for achieving that flawless skin, so that’s one important thing you need to continue or start :). I am going to try all these remedies this summer and will keep you posted about the results. Have a shiny bright summer everybody 🙂