It’s been a tiring day for me. I have been up and about, and had endless things to do by the end of the day. And here I sit now sipping my cuppa thinking what can help me relax a bit. (I figured writing would—so here I am at it again!)
So, I was thinking what helps rejuvenate one after a real busy and tiring day. I am mentioning a couple of tricks that help me (might help you if you are looking for some measures to help you relax).
- Candles- I call it ‘the candle therapy’ and I’ve always loved it. Dim the lights in your room and light up a couple of candles and just sit and enjoy the vibe. This is my real go-to thing when I need to be ‘just me’ and relax.
- Look out of the window- and if the view is great, it takes you to another world really. And helps all the fatigue calm down. Try spending some time in fresh air, in green areas; its good for your body and soul.
- Have a nutritious snack- Eat something healthy, sometimes you need that sugar to get out of that tired zone. Go for a natural source of sugar like fruits. I love sipping on green tea when I am really tired, refreshes me!
- Stretch- Stretching can help relax all the knotted muscles after a hard day at work and when you’ve been on a go through the day. Neck and shoulder stretches relax you the most (at least me!!).
- Music- listening to your favorite song can quickly fix up your mind, which can in turn help you to work on relaxing your body.
- Take a catnap- a quick nap of say about 20-30 minutes is like a mini vacation, it helps so much in the unwinding process.
- Take a hot shower- a good fragrance body wash with a hot shower revitalizes you like nothing else.
- Switch off the electronic media- these are the things that keep us hooked through the large part of our days. So, switching off the phone, laptop, TV etc helps me quite a bit while relaxing during the latter part of the day.
- Alone time- it’s sometimes good to be away from all the noise. Being alone and on my own for sometime during the day makes me prepare for all the fun that a family has together. Alone time helps clear your thoughts and prepares you for the rest of the day (or the next day).
- A foot massage- and I saved the best for last. A foot massage at the end of the day helps the most (really). So, talk your partner into doing it for you or just rub a golf ball on your feet (really helps).
Until next time then, b’byes from me.