Well, its been a little of a mad house here at the Chopra residence with the little girl enjoying her vacations and as I mentioned in one of my posts; and it is such a tough job to plan all days and keep her busy through out. That’s why this space has been ignored a bit!
I have been meaning to write about this for a long time, rather I have been meaning to find ways of how to make silly, gray, depressing, bad days into a more manageable and happier ones and also find out ways and promises that would help me lead a better life!
There are a couple of tricks that I have been trying out for sometime, and they seem to be working a bit. It’s not easy to have control on all your days and what you do, but it is important to get a hold of yourself on such days so that they don’t feel that tough, and you don’t make a cycle out of them. Coz as they say— ‘self pity and negative self assessment come naturally to human beings” [Well that’s my own quote, don’t take it too seriously].
Here are five tricks that I have been trying out…
1) Appreciate when life is good– It is very easy to be down and have all the Monday or winter blues. But have you ever stopped and appreciated life? I saw a rainbow when I woke up today, and it was such a beautiful sight and a start to the day. Well, this doesn’t happen everyday and there are many times when you wake up to a broken toaster, or no milk in the fridge, or on a super stressed out day when a presentation has to be made in front of the board. But being grateful for all the good things and times in spite of all the negativity can help you heal from inside and have a better day if not a better life!
2) Be kind to yourself- There are researches showing that self-acceptance is key to a better life. When it comes to you being treated with respect, it is of utmost importance that you treat yourself with brilliant standards. And these standards in turn qualify you as to how people are going to treat you. Give yourself “A grade” in your own report card and others shall follow soon.
3) Smile more- Try smiling a little more everyday and also try to smile at one stranger every day, and look how warm that makes you inside. ‘Smiling’ such a little thing can so easily uplift that mood, make you feel more connected and help you make your days brighter.
4) Do the things that you like- Try to fit in the things that you love to do in your to-do list of the day especially on the days when you are feeling gray and low. It might just be a small thing like a pedicure or buying a nail colour that you really wanted or a quick trip to the gym or just having a scoop of your favorite ice cream. All of this can make the rough day easier for you. And in the end, what are you living for? All that hard work and tough grind should lead to something good right!!
5) Try your best- All this is easier said than done especially when rough times hit you, but don’t be too hard on yourself. Making yourself feel better is not an easy task and the more you fail, means the more you are trying. Don’t give up!! Make each day a happy day!
I see judgmental people around all the time, and by saying that I am being judgmental myself!! Having my own pretenses is one thing I am meaning to take out of my life and by this I don’t mean that I am criticizing people all the time but this means I want to work on observing people and observing myself and being ‘okay’ with that. More than for anybody else, I think we are our own worst critics, and are really hard on ourselves. Such thoughts take away our confidence and degrade our abilities.