Hello dear readers!!
Yes, the blog has been marked with some absenteeism on my part, but in my defense I’ve had a pretty exciting, challenging and a beautiful last one month. Yours truly has been blessed with a handsome baby boy and he’s been keeping me super busy.
Today’s blog post is dedicated to the unexpected challenges and lovely moments that I have faced lately, which I feel have given me a new sense of direction and a new meaning to ‘what happens around us is for a reason’. I am sharing them in this quick post, as they might interest you as a reader. And I assure you in the weeks and months to come you will be finding some lovely posts on life and health on the blog, so watch this space!
Why do I say expect the unexpected…. Coz somehow planning for the future or for life (for that matter) has never worked for me… and I am not that kind of a person who would go with the flow of things… so it takes some time for me to get used to a situation and then maybe work my strategy towards it. But there are times when no strategy works and you have to give in and let the life work its magic for you, and in such situations all you need is to have faith in yourself and in the people who matter to you and also, have faith in GOD and the plans he has for you.
I don’t know if it is right to say “EXPECT the unexpected” coz expectations make you weak and in the unexpected moments you need all the courage you can get from inside. Unexpected doesn’t mean the situation will result in bad things happening to you or around you, coz unexpected situations come in infinite colours and can leave you with much needed happiness and surprises as well.
So what are these unexpected situations… well for me I’ve had a couple in these last few months that I am sharing here…
- A difficult second pregnancy, when the first one was super smooth.
- A small little man came into our world… though a planned baby… but it’s not real until you hold them in your hands.
- A labour that was THREE DAYS long… yes you read that right… and that too during my second baby… and everyone said, “Second time is much easier!” … Well, I’ve proved them wrong!!
- A little girl’s emotions when she saw her little brother… totally unexpected!
- A husband who was there in full support during the entire labour… and he used to say “I’m not coming inside the labour room, I’ll faint seeing you in so much pain”… thank god he got the courage last minute… wouldn’t have been able to do it without him.
- People’s reaction to the news—“It’s a boy!”… The boy and girl taboo in Indian society… never have and never will get over it… my girl is the most precious thing for me… and will always will be. I still don’t understand why even my generation has similar thoughts still– Such hypocrisy prevails around us!!
- Loosing touch with one of my bestest friend in my and her trying times… don’t know how that happens sometimes.
I know these are very personal experiences and thoughts but there are times when you want to share it with the world. Some things are not in your hands or control… but some things are, and it is how you handle yourself in such situations that make you the kind of human being you are.
What have you been through lately (unexpectedly), was it a good experience or a bad one?? Do share… would love to read your stories…. Until next time… loads of love xx